Alfredo Pasta, the traditional recipe, is made with only 3 ingredients, fettuccine, Parmesan cheese and butter. Zero cream!
Fettuccini Alfredo originated in Rome by Alfredo di Lelio. He made this dish for his wife Ines who was pregnant with her third child. She craved something that would give her and her baby a delicious taste and energy. And it worked. So how did it become famous in North America?
Apparently in 1927 Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks, on their honeymoon dined at Alfredo di Lelio’s Rome restaurant. They absolutely loved his Fettuccine Alfredo and when they returned back to the United States, they couldn’t speak more highly of this delicious creamy Pasta Dish.
Then in 1966, the Pennsylvania Dutch Noodle Company started to market their “Fettuccine Egg Noodles”. Although their recipe included cream and Swiss cheese together with Parmesan and Butter.
So, if you are craving Fettuccine Alfredo why not try it the Traditional way without the cream?
For this recipe, infuse with the Cannabis Oil you made a few weeks back, pay attention to your dosage amounts per ml and proceed with caution. Due to the time to digest THC the Cannabis should be kicking in well after you’ve finished the last few delicious bites of whatever dessert you have prepared.
Super easy recipe and a superior flavor to store bought “Alfredo”
15 minutes and Dinner is served!
Traditional Alfredo Pasta
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 491 kcal
1 cup Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (divided)
1/2 cup butter (divided)
2 cups Fettuccine
Black Pepper (TT – To Taste) and Fresh Basil
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the Fettuccine “al dente” (to the teeth)
2. In a medium pan add 1/2 the butter, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 a ladle (medium sized) of hot pasta water.
3. On low medium heat, whisk together to make a cream.
4. Add the drained pasta, another 1/2 ladle of hot pasta water, the remaining butter and Parmesan cheese, gently toss together on low heat (for about 1 minute) and serve immediately, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
5. Final step! Add your infused Cannabis Oil with a light drizzle (Remember your dosage rules! “START LOW AND GO SLOW”)
6. Bonus Points add with some fresh chopped Basil
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 779mg | Potassium: 41mg | Vitamin
All recipes provided are use at your own risk. Please consult a medical physician if you have questions about Cannabis and other medications you might be using.
15 views0 comments